The General Meeting of the Tanzanian Committee convened at 8:30 AM in the Delray Beach Public Library on Thursday, October 3, 2002.
Present at the Meeting were:
nDetenga nGurumo; Charlotte Durante; Pat Archer; Ned Gusty; Ngozi Mensah; John Calahan; Linda Hunter; Bonnie Stelzer; Clovis Moody; Rosalind Murray; Dr. Charles Eschenburgh; Nancy King; Joyce G. Rudzitis (New Member).
Note: Four Absentee Voters for Ngozi Mensah were: Kjell Bergh; Maria Bergh; Dale Briese; Calowise nGurumo.
1. The initial Agenda item was the election of a new Chairman for the Tanzanian Committee. Our previous Chairman nDetenga nGurumo voluntarily stepped down from this position to allow ideas to blossom from a new energy source. There was one Nominee namely Ngozi Mensah who was approved by the 16 above mentioned participants, and he accepted the nomination. Mr. Mensah requested that nGurumo remain on as Webmaster for the Delray Sister City Tanzanian Committee and to assist him with the smooth transition in his new role as Chairman.
2. Fundraising for books to be sent to Moshis Public Library has been delegated to Subcommittee chairperson Bonnie Stelzer who will coordinate this entire book drive. Mr. John Calahan, director of Delrays Public Library also spoke on the topic of obtaining relevant books for this Moshi project.
3. The Safari Dinner fundraising concept was tabled until the next General Meeting.
4. The photographic competition is going to move forward. Moshi gave the green light to fully-support whatever arrangements we convey to them as guidelines for this event.
5. The introduction of the Moshi Student Exchange program and Computers for Moshis Secondary Schools were tabled until the next General Meeting.
6. The new Chairman has requested that we meet the first Monday of each month at 5:30 pm at the Delray Public Library, and all present agreed on the change in meeting arrangements.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:30 AM.
The Tanzanian Committee of the Delray Sister City welcomes the new Chairman Ngozi "Oz" Mensah.