The Tanzanian Committee met at the Delray Beach City Library on January 6th, 2003 at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Chairman Ngozi Mensah, Rhonda Mensah, Charlotte Durante, n'Detenga n'Gurumo, Clovis Moody, Bonnie Stelzer, Robert Barcinski, and Ned Gusty.
- The Board approved a motion to have the Baobab Books to Kilimanjaro project proceed, with the understanding that $20/book will go to Tanzania. A donation of $50 will buy a picture reference book with a personalized label on it. Donations of $100 will buy a large dictionary; $500 will buy a reference series; $1000 will buy a set of encyclopedias, with each volume labeled to recognize the patron or company that made that donation.
- The second Safari Dinner was approved by the Board to be held on May 2nd, 2003 at 6:30 PM. It will now be held at the Delray Beach Municipal Golf Club, in the Dining Room. It will cost $50/attendee. A price of $500 will buy you a 10-top table. Entertainment will be provided by Chisseko Kondowe. His group will play African music. A fashion show will also be presented that evening using real African animal skins.
- The discussion for a Photo Contest - A Tale of Three Cities has been tabled.
- Kaleidoscope - Tanzanian Village
- A miniature version will be presented at the Safari Dinner on May 10th, 2003.
- Next meeting scheduled for February 3rd, 2003
- Meeting adjourned at 7:30 PM.