- The Tanzanian Committee met at the Delray Beach City Library on February 3rd, 2003 at 5:30 PM. In attendance were: Chairman Ngozi Mensah, Charlotte Durante, nDetenga nGurumo, Bonnie Stelzer, and Mike Appelbaum.
- Old Business:
* The Board approved a pamphlet to be produced to explain and promote the Baobab Books to Kilimanjaro. This tri-fold brochure can be view on our web page, at: http://dsctanzania.org
* Examples of the current web page were distributed and discussion of increased use of the web page ensued
* Committee members and their e-mails and web links to business or artistic connections will be welcome and correspondence with nGurumo can make it happen. i.e. Mike Appelbaum should have a short bio, (as should all members and a link to his website at: <http://www.safarimike.com> (go take a look)
* The date for the second Safari Dinner was approved by the Board to be held on May 2nd, 2003 at 6:30 PM. It will now be held at the Delray Beach Municipal Golf Club, in the Dining Room. It will cost $50/attendee.
* Members are encouraged to start now getting people and businesses interested in attending the dinner.
* Rhonda Mensah will be joined by Dale Briese and Pat Archer to cooridinate and plan the dinner. They will meet with me and interested parties, at the library on February 19th if you want to join the discussion.
* Entertainment will be provided by Chisseko Kondowe. His group, Asante will play African music. We have his CD and it sounds very nice.
* A fashion show by Estayona Ngowi, a Tanzanian living in Texas, but with ties to South Florida, will also be presented that evening. Her brother will provide real African animal skins for display and for sale.
* Kaleidoscope happened the weekend before our meeting, Feb. 2nd in West Palm Beach. The report is that the students from Toussaint LOuverture High School and Banyan Creek Elementary School won one of the categories being judged, though Im not exactly sure which. I believe it was for the category Authenticity.
* We will invite the students to participate at the Safari Dinner and bring their families. The structures for the Kaleidoscope could not be saved, but their performances with Chisseko will suffice.
* A short discussion about the Photo Contest just reinforced that Moshi was aware and moving ahead, with an October to November time frame to be done and have the winner on the way to us.
* Next meeting scheduled for March 3rd, 2003
* Meeting adjourned at 6:30 PM.
* Minutes recorded by Ngozi Mensah